Assignment 3: Essay Writing

Image taken from liskw.wordpress.com

For their third assignment, I wanted to get them to be conscious about the essay writing process.
So I decided to give them a free topic writing assignment which focuses on the process of writing.
And I got them to work together in groups to complete the essay.
After the completion of the group essays, I will require them to do one individually.
The best individual essay will be allowed publication on the respective group blogs.

In this assignment, I will walk with them through the various stages in writing: from the choosing of ideas, to the planning, the revising & the publishing of an essay.

An example essay will be posted up on my personal blog soon.

Guiding Statements/Questions:
  1. Choose Topic
  2. Brainstorm for Ideas
  3. Plan: pick best ideas & arrange them
  4. Draft: expand the ideas & start writing the essay
  5. Revise: check grammar, spelling, flow, cohesion & etc
  6. Rewrite

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Mortem: 1 Maju Group Blog Project

Introducing the 1 Maju Student Group Blog Project!

Assignment 2: Our Favourtie Restaurants!